Since people worldwide started using CBD oil for treating different health conditions, there have been many questions about this substance. And one such question is, “can you treat your dog with CBD oil”? Keep reading to know if it’s safe to treat your dog with CBD oil. Moreover, holistapet can be a heaven for you in case you are looking for the high quality CBD products for your pets.
As of today, there’s no formal study on how CBD oil can affect your dog. But one thing is sure – it interacts with your dog’s endocannabinoid receptors that are around its central and peripheral nervous system. When your dog takes the right dose of CBD oil, it keeps its body balance and maintains a healthy state.
However, if you want to use CBD oil to treat your dog, ensure you get some of the best CBD oil for dogs at https://www.healthcanal.com/best-cbd-oil/dogs. Most dog owners attested that they had used CBD oil to treat dogs suffering from neuropathic pains. It also helps to control seizures in dogs. So, CBD oil isn’t only used as a treatment option for humans, but also dogs and other pets.
Again, CBD oil helps relieve joint pains in older dogs, gives them a calming feeling and a sense of relaxation. And if your dogs are always stressful due to noise or separation anxiety, you can use CBD oil to calm them.
A study that focused on using CBD oil to treat pets with osteoarthritis revealed a significant improvement in pet movement after taking CBD oil continuously.
What are the Health Conditions CBD can Treat in Dogs?
It’s relatively safe to use CBD oil to treat dogs suffering from any of the following health conditions…
#1. It Treats Dogs Suffering from Pains
If your dogs are suffering from chronic pains, you can use CBD oil to treat them. The substance contains pain-killing properties and can help to manage any chronic pains your dog is experiencing.
#2. CBD oil Controls Seizures in Dogs
Most dog owners have confirmed that CBD oil helps to control seizures in their dogs. It contains anticonvulsants, and it works effectively when combined with phenobarbital and phenobarbital plus CBD. And CBD oil’s ability to control seizures, tremors, tics, and spasms in humans and dogs is one of its best known medical uses.
#3. It Serves as Anti-Inflammatory For Your Dogs
CBD oil can serve as an anti-inflammatory for your dogs. When you treat your dog with the right dose of CBD oil, it reduces pro-inflammatory cytokines, inhibits T cell proliferation, induces T cell apoptosis, and reduces the immune cells’ adhesion. The fact that CBD has inflammatory effects makes it perfect for treating a wide variety of conditions.
#4. CBD Oil Reduces Dog’s Anxiety and Fear
A 2010 study suggested that cannabidiol can help treat people with a social anxiety disorder when the appropriate dose is taken. It helps to initiate change in blood flow to areas in your brain linked to feelings of anxiety. Similarly, CBD can treat dogs suffering from stress, anxiety, and any other specific phobia.
#5. CBD Oil Can be Used as Antiemetic For Your Dog
Several studies show that CBD can be used as an antiemetic to control both nausea and vomiting. It’s also effective for stimulating appetite.
#6. CBD Promotes Homeostasis For your Dog
You can use CBD oil to promote the health and overall well-being of your dogs. Several studies suggest that CBD promotes anandamide production ( one of the primary endocannabinoids) receptors. And when it binds to cannabinoid receptors, it fosters homeostatic regulation.
Does CBD Oil Have Any Side Effects On Dogs?
Most dog owners who have treated their dogs with CBD oil noticed a few side effects. Some of these side effects are;
● Dry Mouth: Sometimes, CBD oil may decrease the production of saliva. And it tends to make your drug more thirsty.
● Drowsiness: CBD oil has a calming effect that could make your dogs feel drowsy when taken in a higher dosage.
How Do You Choose The Best CBD Oil For Your Dog?
There is enough information about CBD oil online. And getting the perfect one for your dog can be a bit challenging. However, if you have decided to use CBD oil to treat your dog, take note of the following when getting CBD oil for your pets;
● Look for Organic: Some of the best CBD oil for pets are organic. However, if you can’t get organic CBD oil, look for a reputable brand that doesn’t contain insecticide, solvents, and fungicides.
● Always Go for High-Quality CBD Oil: When shopping for CBD oil, always consider your dog’s health. Remember, the higher the CBD oil’s quality and purity, the more effective it will become. Of course, high-quality CBD oil may be more expensive. But it’s safer for your pets because it doesn’t contain toxic substances like pesticides, insecticides, heavy metals, and many more. Lastly, ensure the CBD oil you are getting doesn’t have traces of additives.
● Get the Product Analysis: Ideally, every CBD product should have a certificate specifying CBD’s quantity in the product. Furthermore, ensure that the CBD product you are getting for your dog has no THC (the substance that makes people and animals “high” in marijuana.
● Buy a Liquid form of CBD: The best way to administer CBD to your dog is in the form of oil or tincture. This form enables you to control the dose your dog takes.
There are several brands of CBD oil you can use for your dog. However, it’s always advisable to do thorough research on any brand before buying it. If you are looking for CBD products for your pet, check penguin cbd.