The word “cooking” and “honeymoon” vacation don’t fit together. Right? Most people prefer to dine in some fancy restaurant and enjoy the romantic candlelight dinner. But hey, just because you’re enjoying quality time with the love of your life, that doesn’t mean you can’t cook.
Take your romance to the kitchen and cook your first meal together as a couple. You can cook, fire up some candles, and have a candlelight dinner in your room. There are different travel guides for couples available on the internet, and you can get ideas on how to decorate your room.
In these travel guides for couples, we’ll tell you three easy meals that you can cook while on your honeymoon. So, without further ado, let’s begin!
1) Foil Pack Hobo Dinner
Foil pack hobo dinner is one of the easy meals to cook while on honeymoon. The ingredients in hobo dinner can vary. We recommend you find a farmer’s market nearby to purchase the stuff required to prepare a hobo dinner.
Things You’ll Need Aluminum foil, baking sheet, oven, and a knife.
- Vegetables – Carrots, onions, bell peppers, zucchini, and squash (You can use vegetables of your choice that you and your partner love to eat)
- Meat – You can use beef, chicken, mutton, fish, or shrimps.
- Olive oil
Follow the steps below to cook a delicious and nutrient-rich dinner:
1. You’ll need a baking oven and preheat it to 400 degrees.
2. Take aluminum foil and cut two pieces of 17-inches long. One aluminum foil piece for one person.
3. Wash and slice the vegetables of your choice. Marinate the vegetables with olive oil and season them with salt and black pepper.
4. Divide vegetables equally into two parts and place them in the center of the foil.
5. Take the meat of your choice and brush it with olive oil and season it with black pepper and salt. Again, divide meat equally into two parts and place it with the vegetables in the foil.
6. Once you’ve packed your foil with veggies and meat. Create a seal by folding the sides of aluminum foil. Put the foil packs into the baking sheet and place it in the oven. Bake the vegetables for 25 – 30 minutes.
7. Take out the foil packets after the given time, and your delicious food is ready to be served.
Enjoy your delicious hobo dinner with a bottle of red wine.
2) Spicy Thai Basil Chicken
Spicy Thai basil chicken is easy to cook for both lunch and dinner. This delicious dish is at number two in our travel guides for couples.
Things You’ll Need Frying pan, grinder, chopsticks, spoons, and a knife.
- Eggs – 2
- Cooking Spray
- Cooked white rice – 1 ½ cups
- Thai Chile peppers – 2 (or more as per your taste)
- Peeled garlic cloves – 2 (or more as per your taste)
- Chicken breast – Half (cut it into small size pieces)
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Oyster sauce – 2 tablespoons
- White sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Thai basil – 14 leaves
Follow the steps below to prepare delicious Cajun chicken pasta:
1. Use cooking spray to coat the frying pan. Place it on the stove with medium heat and cook scrambled eggs.
2. Take cooked rice and divide it into two bowls and add scrambled eggs into the rice.
3. Use a grinder to grind the garlic cloves and Thai Chile peppers.
4. Take the frying pan and coat it with the cooking the spray. Cook the mixture of garlic and Thai Chile peppers on medium heat until the garlic turns brown. Add chicken into the mixture and cook about 3 minutes or until its halfway-cooked.
5. Take oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Mix these ingredients into the chicken and keep stirring until the chicken is fully cooked. Finally, add basil and cook for 10 more seconds. Remove the frying pan from the stove and keep stirring the mixture until basil wilts.
Spicy Thai Basil Chicken is ready to be served. Spoon over rice and egg and enjoy the delicious dinner with your love.
3) Lemon Rosemary Salmon
Lemon rosemary salmon is an ideal romantic dinner if you serve it with salad, white rice, Oregon pinot noir, and crusty bread.
Things You’ll Need Baking oven, baking dish, fork, and a knife.
- Lemon – 1 (sliced thinly)
- Fresh Rosemary – 4
- Salmon fillets – 2 (without bones and skin removed)
- Salt – as per taste
- Olive oil – as needed
Follow the steps below to cook tasty and delicious lemon rosemary salmon.
1. You’ll need an oven, and you should preheat to 400 degrees F.
2. Take a baking dish and arrange sliced lemons in a layer. Put 2 fresh rosemary over the layer of lemons and put salmon fillets over the rosemary.
3. Sprinkle salt over the salmon fillets as per your requirements. Put rosemary over the fillets and lemon slices over the rosemary. Drizzle olive oil over the fillets.
4. Put the baking dish into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, take out the baking dish, and lemon rosemary salmon is ready to be served.
Serve the dish with wild rice and fresh salad. Enjoy the romantic dinner with the bottle of Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque Blanc de Blancs champagne.
All the recipes mentioned above are delicious and easy to cook. They’ll take an average time of 40 minutes. Enjoy your honeymoon with your partner, and try to cook these easy meals together.
Have fun, and enjoy your honeymoon!