Since it made its entrance into the market several years ago, bubble tea has captured the taste buds of many, especially the youngsters, and some even consider it a staple in their lives.
Bubble tea is so popular because there’s always something for everyone. It is essentially a combination of your favourite tea, flavour and topping. On hot days you can have something refreshing like a slightly tangy passionfruit green tea; if you want something thicker go for the classic pearl milk tea. Another good thing is that you can customise how sinful you want it to be – the sugar and ice level will decide how sweet and concentrated your drink will be.
Some of us might think that the process of making a cup of bubble tea is too troublesome. In fact, it is not. All the ingredients including the black tapioca pearls and brown sugar are available at the supermarkets. Here is a simple recipe of a classic pearl milk tea which is one of the most popular ones on a menu among all bubble tea selections.
Ingredients for 2 serving:
- 3 red tea bags
- 1 cup of tapioca pearls (cooked)
- 2 cups of water – room temperature (500ml)
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 cup of milk (150ml)
- 2 cups of brown sugar (440g)
- 4 tablespoon of sugar, to taste
- 1/2 cup of ice cube
- Heat water in a pot. Once it comes to a boil, remove from heat and add the tea bags. Set aside to cool.
- Next, heat a separate pot of water to boil. Add the tapioca pearls and continue to boil until the texture is soft and bouncy. Stir occasionally to prevent the pearls from sticking. It will take about 20 minutes. Once cooked, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Dissolve brown sugar in a bowl of hot water. Add the pearls and let them soak for 30 mins. Then drain the pearls again and set the pearls and brown sugar syrup separately until ready to serve.
- Add ice and pearls into each glass, followed by your tea and syrup (to taste).
- Lastly, add milk into each glass, stir well and serve immediately.
With these simple steps, get your ingredients ready and surprise your loved ones with a cup of homemade bubble tea. Ultimately, the process of making a cup of bubble tea isn’t a difficult job or rather than is time-consuming. Feel free to share with us your interesting ways of bubble tea making. Stay safe at home and enjoy your homemade bubble tea!