Welcome to the strawberry harvest season! This is the perfect time to grab your favourite fresh and juicy strawberries for smoothie, milkshake, cakes, and pies. The sour-sweet taste of strawberry is appetising and it is good for health. Well, Mother’s Day is around the corner, and strawberry cakes in Mumbai are ordered by couples because of the pretty pink colour texture and delightful taste. In today’s article, we will be sharing with you the easy homemade strawberry cake recipe and some decorating tips.
- Preparation Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
1) 2 cup and ½ cups sifted cake flour
2) 2 teaspoon baking powder
3) ½ teaspoon baking soda
4) 1 teaspoon salt
5) ¾ cups unsalted butter, room temperature
6) 1 and ¾ cup sugar
7) 5 large egg whites (skip this if you are a vegetarian)
8) ⅓ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
9) 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
10) ½ cup whole milk, room temperature
11) ½ cup strawberry puree
12) Red or pink food coloring (optional)
1) Make a strawberry puree. You can make the puree a day before and put it in the refrigerator. To make the puree (wash and slice the strawberries). Put them in the food processor and blend until you get the desired consistency. Pass the puree through the sieve to separate the seeds. We will not be adding sugar into the puree–Thaw before baking the cake.
2) Grease and flour the cake pan. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Whisk the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Keep aside.
4) Use a mixer, beat the butter and sugar until it becomes smooth and creamy. Now, put in the egg whites for 2 minutes. Add in sour cream and vanilla extract. Lower the mixer speed and add dry ingredients until is mixed. Keep the speed low and add milk. Whisk in the puree and combine until you get the desired consistency and make sure there are no lumps. Add a few drops of food colouring.
5) Pour the batter onto the cake pan. Bake for at least 25 minutes. Rotate the cake pan in between to make it even. Check for the doneness.
6) Keep the cake at room temperature level.
Strawberry Cake Decorating Tips:
Next, we will be sharing with you the two most easy ways of decorating your strawberry cake with just a handful of ingredients.
1. Buttercream Strawberry Cake: For this step, you will need strawberry frosting. Cover the cake with strawberry icing. You can prepare the cake layers as well with the icing. Top the cake with sliced strawberries in a circular motion.
2. Chocolate Strawberry Cake: Cover the cake in strawberry buttercream. Take chocolate syrup and pour on the top, letting it drip on the sides. Cover the top with chocolate strawberries and sprinklers.
● Melt raw chocolate in a double boiler. Dip strawberries in the chocolate, line in the baking sheet and refrigerate until hard. Cover the strawberries with white chocolate ganache.
● Strawberry Frosting:
1. Blend strawberries into powder crumb
2. Beat on high-speed cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add sugar, vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of milk, strawberry powder, and beat on medium-high speed until combined and creamy.
Cover leftover cake and store it in the refrigerator for five days. Your yummy and creamy strawberry cake is ready. Serve and enjoy with your family and friends.